Dabur Chyawanprash – Classic Dietary Supplement
What is Dabur Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash or chyavanaprasha is a food supplement created mainly from an assortment of herbs and spices based on an Ayurvedic recipe that is about 1500 years old. A mixture of amla, ghee (clarified butter) and honey among a host of other herbs and spices, chyawanprash or chyavanaprasha normally has a jam like consistency. In taste, it is sweet due to the honey and sugar but also tastes sour and spicy all at the same time.
Dabur is the market leader for chyawanprash and is formulated with more than forty different types of herbs, spices and other ingredients. Dabur Chyawanprash is commonly eaten on bread or crackers as a type of savory-sweet jam. Another way is to drink it with milk by mixing in a teaspoon to flavor the milk.
Dabur Chyawanprash is mainly made of amla (Indian gooseberry) fruit pulp along with a host of other natural herbs, plant extracts and spices. None of the ingredients are harmful and Dabur Chyawanprash is considered safe to consume in all parts of the world.
Should I use the Dabur Chyawanprash?
The Dabur Chyawanprash is suitable for people of all ages, genders and walks of life. As a traditional herbal remedy that is revitalizing and boosts the immune system, it has been used for more than two millenniums without any noticeable side effects.
Even so, the company itself recommends consumption of Dabur Chyawanprash among children should begin from age three onwards. Similarly, Dabur recommends that women should avoid using it during pregnancy and lactation. Not because any studies have documented adverse effects, but rather because no studies have been done to indicate what its effects may potentially be.
Amla, the main ingredient in chyawanprash, is noted for its beneficial properties as an antioxidant as well as due to its high vitamin C content that is significantly higher than oranges, limes and apples per gram.
According to Dabur, chyawanprash helps boost the body's immune system by increasing the number of NK (Natural Killer) cells, which play an integral role in the working of the innate immune system.
The Dabur Chyawanprash has significant sugar content and is not recommended for people suffering from diabetes. Dabur actually has a sugar free variant known as Dabur Chyawanprakash that is specifically formulated for diabetics and people worried about calorie intake.
The Dabur Chyawanprash is a great herbal health supplement with a tradition of over a thousand years of use. It does seem to have a beneficial effect with regards to boosting your immune system and contains amla, one of the best natural antioxidants. It is fairly affordable, may be considered palatable and has a jam or jelly like consistency. Some may find it an acquired taste and for others it will likely be a nice change from average jams and jellies. It has no noted side effects but exceeding the recommended dosage is not advisable.
Manufactured By: Dabur International LTD.
Country Of Origin: Product of India
Product Weight: 17.65 OZ (500 Grams)
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Package: Plastic Bottle
Chyawanprash Health Benefits
Chyawanprash is a reservoir of benefits. There are distinct ways of defining Chyavanprash such as energy booster, rejuvenator, health tonic and many more. It offers a multitude of health benefits for which it has become so popular in India. In today's times, people are leading such an unhealthy lifestyle that is characterized by improper diet, lack of exercise and sedentary job. It is here that Chyawanprash comes to play a vital role by providing them with the essential nutrients required by the body. To know more about the health benefits of Chyawanprash, read further.
Top 10 Benefits of taking Dabur Chyavanprash
- Chyawanprash strengthens the digestive system and aids in the absorption and assimilation of food. It helps to combat the problem of constipation that is troubling many people.
- It has a high content of Amla, which is the best source of Vitamin C. It augments the ability of the body to fight infections then be it viral or bacterial.
- It sharpens the memory and thus is considered a great memory booster.
- It is also quite valuable for heart, as it ensures cardiac fitness.
- Being an antioxidant, it slows the rate at which aging takes place.
- One of the chief advantages of eating Chyavanprasha is that it purifies the blood and paves way for elimination of toxins. It is also quite effective for the liver.
- It is of great value for the skin, as it effectively fights the skin infection caused by bacteria and also helps to improve the complexion.
- It ensures easy absorption of calcium, thereby leading to healthy strong bones and teeth.
- It tones the muscles by improving the synthesis of proteins in the body.
- For cold and cough problems, Chyavanprash serves as the best remedy.
- For females suffering from menstrual problems, Chyavanprash is highly useful.