What is Korma?
Korma is a type of curry which is very common dish in South Asia and Central Asia. Korma is also known as Azid (in Persian). Just like Biryani, it was also first cooked in 16th century in the reign of Mughals in Sub-continent. Now, it is one of the most favorite dishes of Indian and Pakistani peoples. The original Korma dish is made up of chicken or vegetable and other ingredients like water, yogurt, cream, coconut milk, nut & seed paste and Spices. The true taste of korma is only based on spices added in it.
Patak’s Korma Paste:
Due to the delicious taste of Korma, it has become too much popular in Indian Restaurants in America, UK and other countries. Considering the need of peoples, Patak has introduce its product which give you the real taste of Korma cooked in Indian Restaurants. Now you can eat Indian Korma in your Home easily in a few minutes.
Patak’s Korma paste is a readymade mild chili paste to make Korma quickly and easily. The recipe of Patak’s Korma Paste is based on the pure Mughal recipe. The blend of spices and other natural ingredients gives you the chance of making Korma at home with its original taste.
What’s different in Patak’s Korma paste?
Patak’s korma Paste has a special mixture of coconut and real spices, which give a mild, spicy and aromatic taste to the dish. Due to its quality, it has been awarded Good Housekeeping Food Awards 2010.
Patak’s Korma Paste contains Desiccated Coconut, Canola Oil, Sugar, Concentrated Tomato Puree, Ginger, Coriander, Cumin, Acetic Acid, Salt, Turmeric (Color), Garlic, Paprika (Color), Corn Flour, Spices, Lactic Acid, Cilantro and water.
Benefits of Patak’s Korma Paste:
With ingredients like ginger, cilantro, coconut, canola oil and many others. Korma Paste not only gives you a tasty Korma but also helps you in maintaining your health and fighting with several health problems. It has not side effects at all. It does not have artificial ingredients in it. It is processed according to the international standards and peoples who have celiac disease can use it without any hesitation.
it is not recommended to use Patak’s Korma Paste uncooked. Shelf life is 6 months after opening it.
Suggested Recipe for Patak’s Korma Paste:
Below is the recipe of Spicy Prawn Parcels.
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 450g chicken breast, Diced
- 3 tbsp. Patak's Korma Paste
- 100g Onions, Sliced
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Flaked almonds
- 25ml Double cream
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Fennel seeds
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Root Ginger, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the sliced onions.
- Add the fennel seeds and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and the chicken and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes then add the Patak's Korma Paste and tomato.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, sprinkle with water if the mixture begins to stick to the pan.
- Stir in the ginger, half the coriander leaves, flaked almonds and cream. Cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes and serve hot, garnished with the remaining coriander.
Manufactured By: Patak's Foods Ltd.
Country Of Origin: Product of United Kingdom
Product Weight: 10 OZ (283 Grams)
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Package: Glass Jar